Friday, April 13, 2012

Wahoo! Thank You Reed!!!



Reed is eligible, through work, to win trips twice a year. He qualified to win a trip about 6 months ago, that we would be leaving on right about now, but we weren't able to take it because of having a new baby. But he qualified again and so in September we are off to beautiful Hawaii! Ella will be weaned by then and Reed's wonderful sister has offered to take the kids for us while we go. They live up in Ohio and have 3 kids pretty much the exact ages of our kids. So, while it will be crazy for Carolyn, the kids will have a great time. Reed and I are very excited! Thanks for all of you hard work honey! I reap the benefits in so many ways. Love You!



On another note I wanted to share a little anecdote. It's no secret that Harley is a Daddy's boy. He would choose Reed over me in every situation. Last night Reed was working late and I was getting the kids ready for bed. I asked Harley what his favorite song is to hear when he is going to bed.

He said, "I Am A Child of God!"
 I said, "I like that one too."
He said, "When Daddy sings it," and then just to make sure it was clear, "Not you"

Just when you think you're doing a good job, your kids step in and bring you back to reality :). Thanks Harley!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah for Hawaii! That will be awesome! And yes, the kids will be having fun here! We are excited, thanks for the laugh with Harley!

Chelsea and Greg Sloat said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! That will be so fun.

Erin said...

That's pretty dang awesome! Your pictures of easter are so cute! I can't believe how much Ella has changed since I saw her last!